The Compliance Committee of the MGB, established in terms of the provisions of section 16 of the Act, is responsible for:
- Considering and making recommendations to the Board on investigation, licensing, regulatory compliance and gambling audit matters;
- Conducting hearings, enquiries and evaluations, on any matter presented before it;
- Reviewing findings relating to, amongst others, special investigations, illegal gambling activities, cheating activities, excluded persons and patron disputes;
- Exercising the powers and functions provided for in Sections 36A of the Act and Chapter III of the Mpumalanga Gambling Regulations;
- Monitoring the adherence to Internal Control Procedures (“ICP”), bid commitments and licence conditions by the licensees; and
- Imposing fines and issuing warnings to holders of licences, certificates of suitability and certificates of approval on disciplinary matters presented before it.