Independent Site Operators
- No person may apply for an independent site operator licence other than in response to a notice published in the Provincial Gazette and the media b y the Board, inviting applications and which notice shall state the evaluation criteria to be applied b y the Board and any other requirements.
- An independent site operator licence shall not be granted by the Board –
- unless the Board is satisfied that the applicant –
- for the operation of more than the prescribed number of limited payout machines; and
- unless the Board is satisfied that the premises in respect of which the licence is to be granted will not be and are not primarily utilised for the operation of limited payout machines, unless approval is granted by the National Gambling Board to operate more than five and not more than 40 limited payout machines as contemplated in subsection (3).
- has appropriate knowledge and experience, or is able to acquire such knowledge and experience, to operate limited payout machines; and
- meets the requirements as prescribed or determined by the Board;
- An independent site operator licence shall authorise, subject to the provisions of section 31 and any conditions imposed under section 34, the operation of not more than the maximum number of limited payout machines authorised in terms of its licence, on the licensed premises concerned: Provided that on good cause shown the above-mentioned number of limited payout machines may be increased to a number not exceeding 40 limited payout machines in respect of specified licensed premises, subject to the provisions of the National Act.
- The holder of an independent site operator licence shall link all the limited payout machines in respect of which the licence has been granted, to an electronic monitoring system as contemplated in terms of section 35.
- An independent site operator shall ensure that –
- the maximum charge for playing on any such limited payout machine shall not exceed the prescribed amount;
- the prize in respect of any one game played by means of such limited payout machine does not in the aggregate exceed in value the prescribed amount;
- the return to players of an y such limited payout machines shall not be less than the prescribed percentage;
- there shall be displayed on an y such limited payout machine the value of the maximum prize prescribed under paragraph (b) which can be won by playing a game once by means of such a limited payout machine; and
- any such limited payout machine shall be placed in an area of the licensed premises to which no person under the age of 18 years shall have access to.
|Galaxy Gaming and Entertainment Lydenburg (Pty) Ltd